Some of you may have noticed that I deleted the last three posts. I was feeling like I was complaining way too much and looking at things in such a negative way. I started to realize that I was feeling out of control. Since my primary role is Wife and Mother, I get satisfaction from knowing that things are running smoothly. And things were not running smoothly. Here are some things that were making me feel unsatisfied with my performance…
1. We had no tablecloth, which was because I hadn’t set up my sewing machine, which was because I hadn’t unpacked enough boxes to have room for it
2. Many nights Shane came home and I had no plan for dinner
3. The fact that I couldn’t get the oven to work properly was making me lose my mind
4. Caleb was severely constipated, probably because I haven’t been paying much attention to his water intake and the food he was eating
5. I wasn’t paying attention to what I was eating and drinking
So, I did a few things that allowed me to snap out of it. Deleting those old posts made me feel better because I didn’t have to worry anymore if you all were reading it and thinking what a drag I was.
Then I baked some banana bread in the oven that won’t heat at a temperature lower than 350 degrees. It turned out okay. I’ll have to do some experimenting, but I think I’ll be able to work with it.
I also started to read Mariel Hemingways book Healthy Living from the Inside Out and I ordered Mariel’s Kitchen. This has really helped me to focus on feeding myself and family more natural foods and avoiding the processed, unnatural foods.
And I set my sewing machine up and made a lovely tablecloth. See here.
Caleb is now regular and we don’t have to get the plunger every time he does his business. Yup. It had gotten *that* bad.
So, I’m feeling much better now. More in control. More like I’m doing my job.