So, this Fresh Squeezed quilt is taking longer than I thought it would. I’m spending a lot of time thinking about how I want to finish it. I got the fabric for the border about a week ago and put that on pretty quickly. Then I put it on the side for a few days because I knew I wanted to try out free motion stippling. I already have the stippling foot, luckily. I looked online a lot on tutorials to gain confidence. Here are the ones I looked at about a million times…
Oh, Fransson! does stippling too and I’ve had lots of fun exploring her blog.
So, after I spent lots of time on these blogs, I finally got up the nerve to attach my stippling foot to my machine. But, there was a major problem and I couldn’t get it to work. I almost cried. But I called my Mommy and she calmed me down. Then I grabbed some pliers and bent the misbehaving piece into submission and I was in business!
So, here is a close up of what little I’ve done. I did this a few days ago, but I’m once again sitting on it. I like how this looks, but I had a feeling that I was doing the squigglies too close together. A closer look at the quilts on the three blogs mentioned above confirmed that I was making them too tight. So, I tried to make them bigger, but I thought that looked ugly. So, I think now I will continue with the tight squigglies around the border and then I’ll figure out what to do about the middle of the quilt later, after more days of “thinking”.