I took a class at my local quilt shop, Back Porch Fabrics. It’s supposed to have spaces with beads hand-sewn in. That’s the way I brought it home. But before I took a picture Charlotte promptly ripped a row of the beads out.
I didn’t actually mind too much since I wasn’t happy with how it was making the bowl wonky. I tried it again with the beads, but wasn’t happy. So then decided to redo the coiling without beads.
But then it was lopsided. I ripped seams. Again.
After being mad at the dang thing for a few weeks, I finally got around to resewing the coil into a bowl. It took me about 5 minutes. I felt really dumb for letting it sit there for so long.
Charlotte thinks it’s her new hat.
Now I’m working on some embroidery on cuffs for Christmas stockings that Joanna is making. This is a test using muslin. I’ve so far finished one of the cuffs and it came out nicely.
I haven’t used my embroidery machine in so long. I’ve missed it so!