I’ve been eyeing this cool skull fabric at Joann’s for months. I finally saw it on sale at 50%… or so I thought it was on sale. After I had it cut, I realized that it was priced at $45 for 3 yards!! Yikes! I had to use a coupon for it and paid full price for a yard of minky instead. Very frustrating.
Anyway, after googling “hoodie shirt pattern” I found this pattern in the 4/2005 issue of Ottobre Designs magazine.
I love Ottobre and already subscribe so it was easy to order directly from them since subscribers get free shipping.
There were only four pattern pieces (hood, sleeves, front, back) and it was super quick! If I hadn’t ended up spending about 3 hours fidgeting with my coverstitch serger it probably would have taken less than two hours to sew up.
I think it turned out well despite the hideous serging, which I will have to fix after I get my serger serviced. But this pattern is designed as more of a pullover and the fabric I used is t-shirt-weight. So Caleb thinks it’s weird that it shows his chest and he has to wear a t-shirt under this t-shirt.
I’m a little disappointed that he’s being so particular about this fact and not overjoyed with the skulls enough to get over the “t-shirt over a t-shirt” thing. But oh well. I guess this will happen as I sew for them more. Some things they will love and some things they won’t.
But to look on the bright side, I think it will make those moments when they really love something that much more exciting.