Okay, so yesterday the guy came back and refused our final offer. His realtor advised him to take it but he has some relatives that think he shouldn’t take it because he could get a better offer.
I didn’t post about it because I was so sad.
But, we got a call from our realtor today and apparently the guy is having second thoughts. So, his realtor wanted to know if we are still interested. Well, there’s the matter of the $6,500 tax credit that ended yesterday. But, both realtors said they would just backdate.
So, now we just give the guy a few more days to decide. I kinda feel bad for him. I remember selling our townhouse and feeling really stressed about whether we should lower the price and then if we should except the first offer we got. We did, but we felt regret about it for some time after. Although, now knowing the value of it has since dropped about $150,000, we know how lucky we were to have gotten out without a loss. So, I know how conflicted he must be feeling. I just hope he realizes that he’s not likely to get much more than what we’ve offered.
Because I know that posts without pictures is boring and I tend to do a lot of those lately, here’s a picture of the kitchen…
Isn’t it cute!? I love the skylights. Eventually, we could put in stainless steel appliances and get a gas hook-up for the stove and it would be my dream kitchen! I really like it!
And here is the side yard. The yard is on the side, not in the back of the house. But, it’s large and fenced and we’re at the end of a street, so it’s really quiet. Right now it’s just sand, dirt and rocks, but we could always put a small patch of grass for playing soccer or whatever.
I hate to get so excited about it again since I’ll be so very disappointed if we don’t get it. But, I just can’t help it.