I finished Caleb’s pajama set. Since it’s perpetually chilly here, I wanted to make him a set with a long sleeve top. I chose this pattern because I’m trying to avoid collars and lots of buttons. I think it’s a waste of my time.
I sewed this up pretty quickly. But I’m not really happy with the look of it. Shane really dislikes the top and said it looks like a maternity shirt. Not good.
But, on a positive note, I used the serger my mom gave me (thanks mom!) on the inside seams. I’m really happy with how it looks. And it makes me happy that I didn’t spend $1,000 on the Viking serger that does cover stitching. That is, after you buy the $400 cover stitching attachment.
My little three thread serger is basic, but it does exactly what I need. And it now has a permanent spot on my desk. Love it!
Since the Simplicity pajama pattern didn’t turn out so well, I bought this Oliver + S pattern. It’s called Bedtime Story Pajamas. It was expensive, but I did get it on sale at Fabric.com. I realized that I’ll just waste money if I keep buying cheap patterns that are ill fitting. Might as well try an expensive pattern and see if works out better.
I like that there is no collar or buttons. I also think the double layer of fabric on the chest will help keep him warm.
I’ve been feel uneasy about making tissue holders for my Etsy shop. They seem so small, plain and cheesy. So, I decided to make it part of a set along with a business card holder. And I will only be making them in bright, beautiful fabrics that I adore.
Here’s the fabric combo for the set I’ll be using. I’ll be finished with the business card holder in a few days.