I don’t remembering purchasing this pattern, but it’s now out of print so it must have been a while ago. I cut the pieces out about a year ago from linen I purchased from Joann’s. I was in a rush to cut the pieces because I wanted to use the leftovers to make a pillow cover. I’m making the pants on the top right in white.
I measured myself and cut a size 15/16 since that was closest to my actual measurements. These are the first pants I’m attempting and I had the thought that I should have done a muslin before I cut the linen. So instead I machine basted.
They were huge!! The picture below is after I sewed the side seems another 1.25″. I wondered what size I should have cut, so I looked at the original pattern, which has sizes 11/12, 13/15 and 15/16. The 11/12 is only 0.5″ smaller on the side seam. I was confused.
So, if every size is 0.25″ smaller on the side seam, that would mean I should have cut a 5/6. So, then I look at the sizing chart and the measurements for a 5/6 is the following:
(Please pay no attention to my knee-high socks. They’re prettier than my pasty white legs)
But I’ve decided to just move on and make the best fit I can. I really do like how the front crotch fits and looks. But I do get that big gap on the back waist. This happens to me all the time.
So, I made a small alteration and I can’t believe what a difference it makes. I am so excited about this!