I used the tutorial from Making Waldorf Dolls. I really love this book. It’s comprehensive, covering blanket dolls, soft dolls, limbed dolls, different hair techniques, and simple clothes. There are only black and white drawings (no photographs), but I find them adequate.
She had a “ghost neck”, where the fabric at the neck line gathered hideously. It was not smooth and so I tried to hide it with a band. This is definitely not a long-term fix. I will definitely not move on with any future doll until I get the hang of making of a nice neck.
Attaching the hair was easier than I thought it would be. I used the instructions from the book mentioned above as a guide. After I measured and cut the yarn in equal lengths, I wrapped it in tissue paper and sewed down the middle (along the black mark below).
I made three layers, pinning each layer and then hand sewing with a long doll needle.
I’m very happy with our Sophia doll and I was so excited one night when the girls argued about who would get to sleep with her.