Finally finished a bunch of test products for my Etsy shop that I’ll open some day.
These are the Lunchbox Napkins.
The pile on the right was assembled and then washed. The pile on the left was pre-washed and then assembled. I made three different sizes and haven’t decided yet which size to go with. Hopefully your girls will have an opinion about the size Joanna!
The reason why I made some with unwashed fabric and some with pre-washed fabric is because I wanted to make sure they didn’t get all wonky after being purchased and used.
The ones that were made with the unwashed fabric (above with the purple border) did get ugly in the middle. The pre-washed ones are much nicer (below).
Two tissue holders. The brown one is 0.25″ longer. The cover is looser and I like the size of the other better.
I had some trouble with the fonts. Something I need to work on.
I made a onesie with the Abducted design, but couldn’t fit the lettering because the onesie is so tiny. They’re really tricky to hoop and I’m thinking about avoiding onesies for a shop option. Toddler t-shirts would be way easier.
I also did the unwashed/pre-wash experiment with the onesies. It didn’t seem to make a difference at all with the burp clothes, but made a big difference with the onesies.
It’s a little hard to tell in the picture, but the one below, Monster in Training, was embroidered on an unwashed onesie and got all yucky after being washed and dried.
The Abducted design above was embroidered on a pre-washed onesie and looks way smoother.
I had the most frustrating time finding a fusible interfacing that would stick to the inside of a onesie to cover up the rough exposed threads. We don’t want all the yuckiness to scratch baby’s skin!
I had lots of fun making all this stuff and I want to thank Joanna for having a very cute little boy and motivating me to get this all done! I hope everything doesn’t fall apart after a few washings, haha!